Friday, May 21, 2010

OM MEETING

For One Moment meeting, please go on Linda's blog "A la mode stuff". There you will find the details, the banner, and the following statement:
"OM [one moment] meet up is a weekly gathering of shared moments that make each of us pause and connect with life. Learn more here and join us!
One day last week I discovered a forgotten envelope on the bottom of a drawer; I knew at once that it was some old pictures I brought with me last year from Romania. They belonged to my grand-mother, she used to keep them in an untidy pile in a large drawer; I remember myself being more interested in the jars of marmalade and jam which were hidden in the same cupboard. So, it happens I have no clue about these people names or their life stories ....., they should be my granny's friends or maybe some of my relatives; only one of them is, for me, a familiar face: from one of the pictures my aunt I've never met (she tragically died in 1959 at only 34 years old), dressed as a schoolgirl looking straight at the camera. This find brought back memories of my childhood, and every August spent at my grandparents. Even then I perceived it as a punishment more than a holiday, I have to admit the fresh air, mountains' water spring, peaks and chalets silhouettes seen through the windows as an unreal but eternal painting, the raspberries, blueberries and pecans which were everywhere ready to be picked, and many other wonders, used to offer me some comfort for being alone, far away from my friends, my books and the tennis court.

8 comments:

  1. Hi,
    I enjoyed reading this post. There are some stunning photos on this website- thanks for posting them. It stopped me in my tracks to read, OM One Moment, pause and connect with life! Very helpful to have that open pause to connect with life. Thank you! Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Collen Loehr - Oh, thank you very much Collen. I'm glad you visited my blog and liked my photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was an interesting writing. :) I love the photos on this site! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. @adlersson - Thank you for stopping by and for your comment. I'm happy you liked my pictures, I try to put in images what I can't express in words.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful choice of what to share! I love looking back at childhood memories, too. They put a smile on my face.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Sashindoubutsu - Thank you, I think that was the happiest time in my life, I had a happy childhood. I'm glad I'm not alone in this xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a really beautiful post Dana. I love the way you brought back your past memories. Very touching!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @angelshair - I really appreciate your comment, thank you very much Mariam.

    ReplyDelete