Friday, November 12, 2010

OM (one moment) MEET UP #30 - Autumn leaves

For One Moment meeting, please go on Linda's blog "A la mode stuff". There you will find the details, the banner, and the following statement:OM is a weekly meet up that promotes living in the moment. Whether funny, sad, ridiculous, or banal, looking for these moments can promote balance in our lives.

Yesterday's walk to Alameda Gardens has cheered me up. Leaving in Gibraltar has a lot of advantages and few disadvantages, between them: winter is not very different from a mild autumn, almost everything is stuck on green, it seems nothing dies, and I can't find the common reddish, brown and yellow leaves I grew up with. Still I've managed to take some lovely pictures; here there is a combination of some of them:


8 comments:

  1. What lovely photos. I'm glad that you were able to find some autumn colors, even if your seasons don't change much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Angela Flicker - Oh, thank you very much Angela, I've tried to do my best xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a transplant to SOuthern CA I understand how tough it is to want to see those autumn colors and be denied! I'm glad you could find some!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Candied Fabrics - Thank you very much, Candy. I'm glad I have someone on my side; I love the Summer, but I miss the Autumn's colours and Winter' snow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely collection of photos. I live in the Northeast US and I love autumn (even the raking.) I try to appreciate this season every single day. I'm glad that you found some of the warm colors that you miss.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Cyn - Thank you very much.
    Autumn is my favourite season, love the colours, the fruits and lovely landscapes invaded by fog...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous pictures!
    I just love Autumn. When I lived in a warmer climate with mild seasons, I really missed the element of change. Still have to remind myself of this on those cold, dark winter nights.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Jaci - Thank you very much, Jaci.
    It's quite funny, when I lived in Eastern Europe I used to dream to spend my life in a warmer country and now I miss the cold...well, I believe people are never happy with what they've got.

    ReplyDelete