Wednesday, March 9, 2011

ARTIST SKETCH - JENNIFER LOMMERS


Jennifer Lommers, a truly gifted painter, lives in Corvallis(Oregon, USA). She enjoyed art since childhood, graduating in 1992 with a BFA from the University of Washington. She is a member of the Arts Center of Corvallis, the Currents Gallery in McMinnville and the EBSQ self representing artists online community.
Artist statement:
"Since coming back to the world of art, I have found more joy in my surroundings and in my life. I favor bright colors, lively shapes and lines, with an attention to the whole space of the canvas. I layer my paintings with color and texture as I play with the paint, color, and composition. Landscapes and flowers provide a fitting subject as they naturally provide the range of colors, shapes and patterns I enjoy most. Everywhere I travel I am looking at my surroundings with a painting in mind. I note color combinations and compositions to bring back to my canvas. I love painting from sketches and from memory to create a flatter abstracted image which brings more of myself into the piece. My paintings are always an expression of me, and how I see my world. I hope you enjoy their whimsical fun and vibrancy!"

You could admire and purchase Jennifer beautiful paintings on her website , and her Etsy or Imagekind shops; she also writes a charming blog.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing and to know about this remarkable artist.

    One again thanks for the blog link.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for stopping by, Mr. Printemps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet! Thanks for such a kind review - and on such a beautiful blog!

    Best wishes,
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Jennifer - Thank you very much, you're very kind Jennifer. Your paintings are gorgeous xxxx

    ReplyDelete