Thursday, March 21, 2013

LOVE THESE BECAUSE ....

 
There are just food related photos, but I really like them; take a look at what she sold too, there are few there very simple with blackberries, blueberries and tulips...sometimes the simplest, the prettiest. I love the one with the eggs... the tea-towel makes it look really old-fashioned and wholesome. A few of the photos, such as the one with the peaches, make the food look really appetising and makes my mouth water to look at it. I like the way the honey seems to ooze there on the saucer... it’s almost saying, ‘Dip your finger in and try me!’ It’s fatal to look at pictures of food... that’s probably why recipe books with lots of illustrations work so well... our eyes devour the food and our mouths start to water. Not good for dieting!
They belong to a very young and talented photographer, Hannah Queen from Georgia. She likes to bake and takes photos, she's only 21 y.o. but I'm sure we will hear soon more about her.
Check also her website: www.honeyandjam and her flickr portfolio: www.flickr.com/photos/honeyandjam.


This one for the quirkiness of her items – I love her ‘Painter’s bag’ the really colourful patch at the top looks both classy and artistic... the sort of bag I’d use and be proud to show off. That goatskin cuff looks interesting, soft and supple leather with the detail of the fastener... quirky! "Emily in Africa" is a lovely piece... I’m always drawn to jewellery that has turquoise elements... especially as she’s combined these with earthy colours. The medallion at the back of the neck is a nice touch... so often this part of jewellery is ignored and yet it’s seen by others if one has short hair or wears it up. I love the lavender sachets, too, and the decorated basket in which she’s photographed them. A nice idea to put them in one’s bag or pocket... one I will remember! The little stormy bag is gorgeous, too, especially as it’s got a contrasting lining... and that patch of lambswool is brilliant! Looking at the materials I almost feel her love for texture and gorgeous fabrics.
This is LaTouchables I'm talking about, based in the Sunny Rhine Valley from Germany; Dawn, the artist behind LaTouchables is remarkable, just read her profile, God, that's great ! And don't forget to read her interview as a featured Etsy seller too: http://www.etsy.com/blog/en/2011/featured-seller-la-touchables/.
P.S.Sorry to see she's just closed the shop for the weekend, but she will be back on next Monday, 25 th of March.


Aren't these the cutest softies you ever seen ? Emma is a young artist with a real talent and a big heart; she likes to make things, to have lovely dreams, and especially to knit.
I love these little faces and those tiny jumpers Emma knits with skill and love; I love teddies and cute bunnies and I'm sure any baby, teenager or grown-up will agree with me.
This is a fresh shop, but already with lots of fans. Take my advice: buy two softies and you will get a pretty sock owl free, hurry up, there's a limited time promotion on ! Buy a cutie, make a child happy, bring a smile on your face !
P.S. Her softies are around 6 inches, the eyes are secured and the stuffing is hypoallergenic.
These lovelies need a new home....

No comments:

Post a Comment